–> Last week one of my colleagues started bringing her lunch in a mason jar. I didn’t think anything of it until I saw her shaking the jar so I asked her about it. She started meal prepping her salads and smoothies with the mason jars. So this week I decided to give it a try because I always pack a lunch for work, but forget to pack something for class in the evening. Plus, after looking at my bank statements (food, food, food, gas, food, more food, eyebrows, food), I needed something that would seem quick and easy AND save me some money.
This week’s lunch/dinner:
- Monday and Tuesday: Salad
- Wednesday and Thursday: Shrimp alfredo pasta
I guess you can use a regular container, but I think the mason jars are cuter :). And I like to shake the jar lmao.
- always put you dressing, sauce, etc at the bottom.
- items that won’t soak up the dressing, sauce
- items that are more absorbent
- lettuce, pasta, etc
Salad mason jar (picture below)
- Olive garden salad dressing: enough to cover the bottom and a little more ( I don’t like my salads to be soaked in dressing)
- Handful of shredded carrots
- Handful of craisins
- Couple of mushrooms
- Pack it with spinach
- Sprinkle some croutons and voila!!
Pasta mason jar (picture below)
- Classico creamy alfredo sauce (and whatever seasoning you like)
- Cooked pasta noodles ( I LOVE bowtie)
- SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Broccoli florets
–> It seems like you can pack almost anything in the mason jar. Pinterest is your BEST FRIEND. If you have time, give it a try! Super quick and easy! Thank me later! 🙂
Comment, Like, Share! 🙂